We are always hiring software engineers who can help us grow our business!
Software Engineer III (SEIII) will be part of a team of some of the best and brightest in the industry who are focused on full-cycle development of scalable web and responsive applications that touch our growing customer base every day. As part of the Labs team, SEIII will work collaboratively with agile team members to design new system functionality and to research and remedy complex issues as they arise, embodying a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. The SEIII will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
Headquartered in Holmdel, NJ, iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that was recently named #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list. With multiple locations across the U.S. and around the globe, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
- Expertise and proficiency in many technologies, domains and subsystems
- Design and implement new features and perform code reviews
- Develop, test and maintain a scalable web and responsive applications
- Devise automation strategies, test strategies and test cases to automate new features and enhance existing functionality
- Using engineering best practices, design, develop, analyze test plans and strategies to meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs
- Lead and collaborate with agile team members on achieving Sprint deliverables
- Ensure proper documentation exists for assigned products
- Research and resolve complex problems as they arise
- Proactively search for making improvements in respective modules/features
- Mentor Software Engineers (I-II)
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS’ policies, procedures, and core competencies.
- Domain expert in enterprise software development influencing organization best practices. begins to create external value
- Expertise in one or more of the following frameworks or libraries, such as: Hibernate and Spring, Reactjs and Redux, node.js
- Advanced proficiency with multiple design patterns including Strategy, Observer, and Bridge
- Advanced proficiency in test automation tools, such as Selenium Webdriver, Appium or similar tools
- Expertise in test design, test creation, test execution and defect analysis/root cause investigation
- Advanced proficiency in multiple best practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Extensive experience utilizing Docker containerization, ability to set-up and modify build and release tools such as, Jenkins and AWS elastic beanstalk.
- Extensive understanding of software engineering practices, philosophies and techniques
- Mentor others in following Agile/SCRUM techniques
- Ability to influence, lead and organize projects across multiple agile teams with a focus on results
- Strong technologist who can anticipate issues/opportunities and build solutions
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other technical degree and 3 years of software engineering experience or 1 year of experience developing recruiting software.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other technical degree and 3 years of experience developing recruiting software or 5 years of software engineering experience.
In lieu of bachelor’s or technical degree, we will accept 2 additional years of software engineering experience.
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.