Do you have a passion for privacy? Are you looking to further develop your technical skills to help mitigate data protection and risk management? We’re looking for a highly adaptable, expert collaborator to join our team as a Privacy Engineering Intern, where you will assist in creating product privacy guidelines, design review, risk analysis and application-level vulnerability testing across iCIMS products. In this role, you will analyze software designs and implementations from a privacy and UX perspective and work to drive privacy best practices across iCIMS. Moreover, you will work to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established data protection and privacy needs.
This is a unique hands-on internship that focuses primarily on the development of skills and knowledge required to start you career in data protection and privacy compliance. If you want to be part of a growing organization and are committed to learning, staying on top of new laws and regulations, and determining their applicability to iCIMS, you’d be a perfect fit!
Headquartered in Holmdel, NJ, iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that was recently named #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list. With multiple locations across the U.S. and around the globe, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
- Analyze software designs and implementations from a privacy and UX perspective.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities.
- Apply strong privacy design across iCIMS..
- Assists in the implementation and adherence to policies and procedures for privacy and compliance department.
- Assists with processing data subject requests.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Privacy Engineering, Computer Science or relevant degree at the time of internship (Summer 2020)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Understanding of technical privacy issues and experience with the software development lifecycle
- Understanding of design tools and languages as well as testing, coding and debugging procedures for software applications running on multiple platforms
- Patience and ability to balance risks in complex situations
- Ability to communicate across disciplines
- Effective organizational, analytical, confidentiality, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of programming software in languages and technologies, including SQL, Python, preferred
- Availability for at least ten (10) weeks from early June through mid-August, 12 weeks preferred