Are you looking to build upon your learning and apply your education through an immersive summer internship opportunity? We’re looking for a highly dependable, expert communicator to join our team as a Legal Intern, where you will support the legal department on a variety of matters including researching legal issues impacting business strategy, drafting transactional documents and collaborating with in-house attorneys on cross-functional projects. This is a hands-on internship that will help you develop the research and drafting skills acquired through law school and apply them to real-world experiences in our fast-growing, evolving technology company. If you’re meticulous, vigilant, and have outstanding research and writing skills, this could be the role for you!
Headquartered in Holmdel, NJ, iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that was recently named #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list. With multiple locations across the U.S. and around the globe, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
- Assists in-house attorneys to help enable the business to execute on commercial changes by understanding and providing guidance on relevant legal and compliance issues.
- Review and analyze agreements to support the sales and business teams in negotiations.
- Researches issues and legislation as they relate to our industry as a whole or specific cases and proceedings.
- Prepare and draft memoranda summarizing results of research to help inform the business and guide decisions
- Currently enrolled in an ABA accredited law school with at least one full year of law school completed; students entering 3L year in Fall 2020, preferred.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience researching laws and case law, demonstrated through coursework, projects or similar required.
- Interest in software as a service (SaaS) or technology contracts preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and written skills.
- Able to prioritize manage and execute tasks, while adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability for at least ten (10) weeks from early June through mid-August, 12 weeks preferred