The Chief Information Officer, or CIO, serves as iCIMS’ lead Information Technology (IT) decision maker and is responsible for strategy, design, implementation, and utilization of technology and data. The CIO analyzes how these technologies create business value while improving existing business processes, efficiencies, organization capabilities, and integrates systems to realize those benefits and/or improvements. The CIO is required to remain innovative in design and stay informed of all industry trends. The CIO must be able to convey technical concepts to iCIMS’ business community in a manner understood by non-technical Associates. Travel should be anticipated and will vary dependent upon business requirements. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. iCIMS is a private equity backed company.
Headquartered in Holmdel, NJ, iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that was recently named #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list. With multiple locations across the U.S. and around the globe, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
• Creates and executes a clear strategic vision that leads and drives the accomplishment of business objectives and value through the application of technology, automation, and data.
• Develop long-term and short-term IT and Data strategy for the company. Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits.
• Bring clarity and direction to strategic business decisions enabling the company to scale globally and ensuring ROI for all investments.
• Identify changes for the department’s technology systems and applications and develops an overall strategy to meet the Company’s needs and goals and recommend systems software, applications, and hardware necessary for the successful integration of information systems.
• Continuously review IT plans and strategic direction and recommend changes as necessary to ensure continued alignment with the changing business needs of the organization.
• Define and adjust IT standards and technologies as needed based on changes to business processes and market influences ensuring performance reliability and process efficiency.
• Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
• Develop long-term and short-term IT strategy for the company. Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits. Bring clarity and direction to strategic business decisions enabling immediate savings and the right investment assuring future, sustainable growth.
• Direct Information Technology’s Disaster Recovery/Business Continuation to ensure continuity of critical business functions and minimize information loss in the event of power outages, weather catastrophes, software, hardware failures and/or other disasters or disruptions to the Company’s information systems and services.
• Establish strategy to bring Information Security team to a public company level
• Plans, defines, directs and leads the execution of information systems and data strategy, as well as manages the day-to-day operations of governance, innovation, security, compliance, operations, infrastructure, applications, data and user support functions within the organization.
• Build the systems, processes, and team required to support rapid growth and international expansion. Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to optimize new technologies to achieve key business objectives.
• Ensures staff, policies, processes, practices and technologies proactively protect, shield and defend the enterprise from cyber threats and prevent the occurrence and recurrence of cybersecurity incidents commensurate with Company’s risk tolerance.
• Develop procedures for control of all business systems, and provide systems and data backup, recovery and risk management support.
• Ensure appropriate governance and strategic oversight is in place to support the delivery of IT services and projects.
• Oversee the technical infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
• Direct and organize IT-related projects Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Look for ways to improve and promote quality; Apply feedback to improve performance; Monitor own work to ensure quality.
• Act as a trusted advisor to the business in guiding the evaluation of new technologies and participate in the continuous improvement of applications and systems to drive innovation and support business goals leading transformation efforts and implementing business change.
• Build a world class IT department to support rapid growth, international expansion and inorganic growth strategy.
• Cross-functional and inter-disciplined leadership in a distributed and global team environment.
• Maintains a strong knowledge of business operations and applications to ensure meeting needs of organizational strategic goals through systems delivery.
• Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures and core competencies.
• Consolidate all IT budgets across the company under IT and drive rationalization and reduced spend
• Direct the development and administration of Information Technology capital and expense budgets and maintain control procedures necessary to ensure compliance.
• Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
• Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in executive IT leadership roles with prior success as a CIO driving business strategy in a global environment.
• Prior experience implementing, integrating and managing enterprise software systems required (NetSuite, Salesforce, Adaptive)
• Prior experience working in a private equity backed company highly preferred.
• Prior experience working in a software as a service business highly preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of the IT field, making key decisions related to how organizations use and improve their IT resources to support business activities
• Strong strategic planning skills and the ability to enact those plans
• Strong executive presence along with global experience
• Track record building, leading and mentoring high-performing globally distributed IS/IT teams
• Significant experience working and leading cross-functionally in global fast paced, high growth organizations
• Previous experience developing and executing on Master Data Strategy at the Enterprise Level is required
• An action-oriented leader who gets things done
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively at C-level and to the Board of Directors
• Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Experienced with cyber security and IT system risk mitigation.
• Attention to detail, clear understanding of performance metrics, financial measurements and how to impact overall cost controls.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations and priorities, adjusting to new situations and demands.
• Excellent vendor management, influencing and negotiating skills.
• Leadership skills exhibiting the highest professional ethics and integrity.
• Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models iCIMS core competency behaviors
• Passion for inclusion and diversity
• Travel approximately 20%
• BS in Computer Science or Business Administration or requisite experience.
• Masters’ degree in Information Systems or MBA strongly desired.