Do you consider yourself a subject matter expert in all things accounting? Do you have experience running point on large scale projects and processes? We’re looking for an analytically minded individual with keen attention to detail to join our team as the Vice President of Accounting where you will oversee and lead a team of professionals responsible for the General Accounting function, Billing, Credit, A/R, A/P, General Ledger, Tax, Treasury and Procurement and more. In this role, you will report directly to the CFO and be responsible for scaling the accounting organization, including scaling for organic growth, inorganic growth and international expansion as it relates to the accounting and taxation functions. Additionally, you will work to implement and maintain a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared per US GAAP. As the VP, Accounting, you must be able to communicate clearly and translate financial data into value-added business information to enable the business to better identify growth opportunities, address gaps and manage risks, as well as participate in the development of Executive and Board level presentations. If you’re looking for a budding opportunity to work cross-functionally and have high visibility across the organization, this might be the role for you.
Headquartered in Holmdel, NJ, iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that was recently named #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list. With multiple locations across the U.S. and around the globe, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
- Determine the proper short-term and long-term structure of Accounting team to support the growth of the company both domestically and internationally as well as, organically and inorganically.
- Communicate with Executives, Senior Management, Private Equity Investors and various internal departments regarding Accounting initiatives and interests.
- Provides planning & prioritization for accounting team delegating and assigning projects, duties, and objectives that drive high performance.
- Leads and coaches the team ensuring that team members are performing to the best of their ability individually and as a member of the team.
- Determines and communicates career path of team members.
- Consistently ensures that the team’s work is always conducted with integrity and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies.
Accounting, Auditing, Treasury and Taxation
- Accountable for ensuring that policies, procedures and internal controls are in place to provide reasonable assurance in the accuracy and completeness of financial reporting.
- Coordinates and oversees the implementation of internal controls, including segregation of duties, documentation and testing across the organization.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Successfully blends regulatory requirements and business strategy in the decision process.
- Oversee preparation of financial reports and monthly closing.
- Ensure compliance with all debt covenants, including a rolling forecast to ensure future compliance with the covenants.
- Lead the accounting due diligence and integrations of potential future acquisitions, including executing on all the required transactional, financial and tax reporting related to the acquisition.
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firms and review company performance.
- Provides technical accounting GAAP and IFRS (as may be required) guidance and support to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads tax planning strategies to optimize the company’s global tax liability.
- Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Ensure proper controls are in place to validate vendor payments, including a robust procure to pay process.
- Ensure proper controls around credit and collections; deliver exceptional customer experience and drive down DSO.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations from the audit findings.
- Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met in relation to AR & Credit.
- At least 10 years of prior experience working in an accounting leadership role as a Controller, Director or VP of Accounting is required - preferably at a SaaS company.
- Proficiency in corporate accounting and internal controls: GAAP, IFRS, SEC rules and regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and state, federal and international tax required.
- Demonstrated experience in building and/or leading an Accounting function at scale is required.
- Public company experience preferred. Experience in growth stage company required.
- Prior experience in international expansion, including cross border transactions, inter-company agreements, scaling accounting operations internationally and international tax planning is preferred.
- Compelling interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Ability to cultivate a visible presence and the savvy to interact with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Experience operating in a Private Equity environment preferred.
- Experience integrating acquired companies preferred.
- Experience in negotiating and restructuring debt facilities preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Adjusts easily to change, learns quickly, and understands how internal and external factors impact decisions.
- Experience operating in a leveraged environment preferred.
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Concur a plus.
- Multi-state experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, both direct and indirect. Ability to work well cross-functionally and influence across the organization.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance highly preferred or relevant combination of education and work experience
- CPA preferred
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.