The Sr. Director, Sales Development, will be responsible for development, implementation and execution of the Sales Development strategy that builds opportunity pipeline in our Commercial, Enterprise, and Strategic segments. This role oversees both the Inbound Sales Development team that qualifies all inbound inquiries to drive sales qualified opportunities, and the Outbound Sales Development team which prospects and conducts high-level conversations with executives about their talent acquisition issues and their business priorities leading to sales qualified opportunities.
The position will report to the VP of Demand Generation, and cross-functionally align with the sales leaders of our segments, to own North American pipeline numbers, communicate the sales activities, and own the weekly/monthly/quarterly cadences to the business with regards to forecasting and executive-level awareness of current and future results, as well as risk. This position can be based out of iCIMS’ Holmdel, NJ headquarters, or remote-based.
The Sr. Director, Sales Development will oversee both internal and external teams of Sales Development managers and staff across geographically dispersed footprint.
Headquartered in Holmdel, NJ, iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that was recently named #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list. With multiple locations across the U.S. and around the globe, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
- Drives and enables the execution of the Sales Development functions in conjunction with the Marketing & Sales vision, strategies, processes, and metrics necessary to hit and exceed departmental targets and objectives within each segment in alignment with the iCIMS’ strategic plans.
- Effectively communicates segment sales strategy inter-departmentally and contributes to the annual strategic planning process. Communicates sales plans and quotas, processes, and forecasting/performance metrics across all levels of the organization.
- Partners with Account Executives to identify high-potential prospects across the entire iCIMS product portfolio: Recruitment Marketing Suite, Hiring Suite, and Advanced Communications suite.
- Drives execution both short and long-term sales plans and programs to ensure the profitability and growth of the iCIMS’ product line
- Evaluates and advises direct reports on the impact of account planning to execute and drive on growth and retention processes, providing accurate, short and long-range forecasts; planning of new programs & strategies by account and consistently exceeding teams quota and metrics.
- Collaborates with executives across the business to build buy-in and engagement while maintaining highly effective and collaborative cross-departmental relationships/with other senior leaders (Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Customer Success, Account Mgmt) to achieve companywide goals and to maximize opportunity creation, close rates, average deal size, sales cycle by segment and continued growth for account development.
- Partners with Marketing Operations, Sales Operations, and Finance to analyze Sales performance metrics that inform the success of the segment strategies
- Maintains a working knowledge of talent acquisition/HR tech software best practices, industry trends and competitive intelligence and ensures team understanding of such to enable informed discussions with key customer stakeholders.
- Identifies resource needs and develops business cases for the changes required to support business growth.
- Conveys the Voice of the prospect and customer to internal stakeholders to appropriately influence product road map, product/market fit, and marketing messaging & programs.
- Champions the Sales curriculum framework (iCIMS Value Selling System) and partners with Talent Development to implement sales training to support on-boarding and development of the sales team.
- Leads and inspires the Sales Development managers and staff (Sales Development Representatives), modeling team and leadership behaviors, to achieve goals through open, honest, and transparent communication.
- Manages team members’ performance including formal reviews, establishing department and individual goals and individual assessments to further company goals.
- Maintains a high-performance team and dynamic work environment enabling operational objectives and acquisition/retention of people resources to fulfill team mission
- Ensures a fun, dynamic work environment & builds merit-based culture which appeals to the top talent
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS’ core competencies, policies and procedures.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve the performance of staff.
- Reports on team metrics and results to department leadership and stakeholders.
- Holds teams accountable for agreed daily/weekly/monthly metrics and deliverables.
- Makes recommendations for organizational improvements and proactively plans for, organizes and delivers well thought out and executed change management programs.
- Maintains a synergistic relationship with Prospect Sales to increase department effectiveness.
- A minimum 10 years of B2B tele-sales experience spanning inside sales, prospect sales, account management or related experience, preferably in the HR / HCM, Technology/ Software space or B2B SaaS.
- A minimum of 6 years experience managing and coaching telesales teams and seasoned sales managers across geographically dispersed footprint. Experience managing both internal and external teams preferred. Experience leading both inbound lead qualification and outbound sales teams, preferably in enterprise (consultative) sales environments.
- Proven experience developing sales cadence, sales playbooks, and service level agreements between marketing and sales.
- Proven experience with systems in a metrics-driven business, software or technology business a plus. Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience managing and coaching team(s) of Business Development Representatives, Sales Development Representatives, Inside Sales Representatives, Lead Qualification Representatives or Account Development preferred.
- Track record of disciplined execution that creates cross-functional alignment and delivers predictable outcomes under the pressure of a weekly sales cadence.
- Strong understanding of complex sales cycles with CxOs via consistent Selling methodology (i.e. Value Selling, Miller Heiman)
- Excellent ability to develop KPIs, metrics, forecasts and manage reporting analytics.
- Excellent ability for evaluating, hiring, and training sales management and individual contributors.
- Ability to motivate, effectively coach and challenge a seasoned and growing sales team and their leadership.
- Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills with a high degree of approachability. Must possess the ability to work seamlessly in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), with the proven ability to effectively translate complex ideas and tailor key messages to multiple audiences
- Strong intellectual curiosity to develop and embrace new best practices and build a “learning” culture.
- Combines competitiveness with empathy, along with a high-level of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong results orientation with a proven track record of flawless execution and strong attention to detail
- Consistent record of individual and team quota achievement.
- Proven leadership skills with experience building and growing high-performing teams.
- Driven and passionate about leading, mentoring and developing sales professionals.
- Ability to set strategy and participate in business planning initiatives.
- Strong analytical and cross-departmental problem-solving skills with an ability to work under the pressure of a monthly sales cadence.
- Previous experience using Salesforce. Experience using tools such as SalesLoft, Linkedin Navigator, DiscoverOrg, Engagio, Terminus, a plus.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.