The Competitive Intelligence (CI) Program Manager will focus on building framework for presenting and cascading information related to iCIMS’ tier 1 and tier 2 competitors. This position will be accountable for the collection, synthesis, distribution, and usability of intelligence gathered on iCIMS competitors and the market trends that affect the competitive landscape. This role will serve as a command center for CI; bringing together cross-functional partners from Sales Enablement, Product Marketing, Labs, Decision Support and senior leadership to understand and position iCIMS’ portfolio against competing products. This work will help drive pricing, product, sales, corporate development, and marketing decisions.
Headquartered in Holmdel, NJ, iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that was recently named #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list. With multiple locations across the U.S. and around the globe, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
- Gather, analyze, synthesize and communicate information, trends and news about iCIMS competitors including product offerings, go-to-market strategies, sales tactics, pricing, etc.
- Flag emerging developments in our competitive landscape and share findings with sales and marketing leaders as needed; coordinate a cross functional group of positioning experts to enable the distilling of actionable responses.
- Conduct win/loss analysis by combining internal data with external survey data conducted by a 3rd party research firm and/or Product Marketing and Product Management to determine key reasons why we win or lose (by suite).
- Manage relationships with key vendors that support our CI and Win/Loss programs.
- Maintain internal tier 1 and tier 2 competitive lists for Win Against, Saves, and Takeaways; update monthly.
- Work closely with Decision Support team to ensure appropriate reports are in place and are frequently evaluated for relevance and effectiveness.
- Create framework for competitive profiles, battle cards, and feature comparisons in our CI portal; hold Product Marketing and Product Management (where applicable) accountable for completion.
- Enable the creation of effective competitor positioning documents.
- Create framework that holds Sales Enablement & Product Marketing accountable for providing support, guidance, and training to the direct sales teams, including recommended sales plays, messages, and tactics based on knowledge of competitor activities and impact.
- Coordinate and/or prepare presentations, summary reports and participate in briefings, meetings, tactical or planning with other functional areas and/or executive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent working experience
- At least 4 years of experience in Program Management, Marketing, or similar role
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to apply critical thinking quickly and effectively
- Have a knack for defining and articulating consensus -- must be comfortable leading through influence versus authority in group settings where conclusions and next steps need to be reached in a timely manner
- Be a “bridge builder” – someone who is personable, outgoing, and an effective communicator who can manage both across and up
- Must have a proven track record of developing and implementing programs that deliver business results
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate resilience under pressure
- Capable of identifying actionable, relevant business insights from analytics
- Must be a driven and self-motivated individual—a strategic thinker who will bring a structured approach to analysis
- Experience with Salesforce.com helpful, but not required.
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.