The Manager of Customer Success Management manages a team of Customer Success Managers. The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is the primary strategic partner and liaison to customers within an assigned market segment and Region. The CSM will develop, nurture, and sustain positive and productive long-term relationships to optimize client’s return on investment in iCIMS products / services and to promote renewals, retention and customer satisfaction. The CSM aligns with all departments at iCIMS to ensure that iCIMS products and services deliver a customer experience that is second to none. The CSM will ultimately be measured on their ability to retain customers through proactive experiences, risk mitigation and effective internal communication. The Associate Manager, Customer Success Management reports to the Director, Customer Success.
Headquartered in Holmdel, NJ, iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that was recently named #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list. With multiple locations across the U.S. and around the globe, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
Essential Job Functions
- Manage a team of Customer Success Managers and team leads with particular emphasis on results and employee morale.
- Ensures successful renewal and retention of customers within assigned segment and territory through coaching and mentoring a team of Customer Success Managers.
- Participate in the development, enforcement, and compliance of a service level agreement inclusive of defined problem-resolution expectations/timeframes for end users.
- Manage Customer Success Management resources for optimal performance inclusive of resource management for incoming customer inquiries, projects, administrative work and time allotted for holidays and paid/unpaid time off.
- Proactively engages with customers as needed to help mitigate risk and ensure renewal.
- Manage and review ongoing adherence to processes associated with the Customer Success software used by the team inclusive of collaboration with other departments to ensure their adoption and acceptance of their feedback.
- Monitors trends and themes to provide feedback to Professional Services, Labs, Sales and the Training Services team
- Review, Improve, and Manage performance metrics of Customer Success Management activities designed to identify problem areas, areas of potential efficiency gain, and enhancements to service that would prevent problems in the future.
- Participate in all aspects of staff planning inclusive of performing interviews and providing feedback on promotions, developing/maintaining a training program that promotes greater customer service and technical knowledge, and assisting in the professional/technical development of team leaders.
- Ensure a fun, dynamic work environment & build merit-based culture which appeals to the top talent in the field
- Lead and coach the team structuring appropriate training and development and eliminating road blocks to team performance.
- Partner with Talent team on the acquisition and retention of people resources to fulfill team mission successfully. Owns the selection process.
- Collaboration with R&D on all aspects of new product/service releases inclusive of updates to training/support content, coordination of pre-release Technical Support training, and post-mortem quality review to highlight successes and opportunities for improvement to R&D.
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and takes initiative.
- Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately.
- Receives and takes action on feedback and lessons learned for continual professional improvement and development.
- Takes measures to enhance body of knowledge and skill set through training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical account support or account management experience; or Bachelor’s Degree; or relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a staff leadership position or relevant experience
- Prior SaaS Customer Service or Account Management leadership a plus
- Must have good working knowledge of Windows/Mac OS and its components
- Understanding of database theory and design are a plus, but not required
- Multi-task capable with strong time management skills
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule including nights
- Experience with HRIS, CRM and / or ATS is a plus
- Familiarity with Technology Customer Support reporting, KPIs and SLAs
- Advanced customer relations skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and adapt to change
- Resolution oriented, takes initiative
- Proven success in leading high-performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
- Ability to work independently and be proactive in a high-performance environment
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to work well under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively orally and in writing
- across multiple stakeholder groups both internally and externally
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities
- Strong customer orientation focus and success in creating a superior Customer Experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, trust and partnerships at all levels of an organization
- BA/BS or equivalent in Technology, Business, Six Sigma or related field
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.